Occasionally, users with the Requester role must create a request for a standalone Purchase Order (PO) in the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA).
This Quick Reference Guide (QRG) shows a user with the Requester role how to request a standalone PO and how to connect it to a published contract in eMMA.
NOTE: For best results, use the Google Chrome browser to access eMMA.
If you need help at any time, please reach out to the eMMA helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need two pieces of information from the Header tab:
- Procurement Method
- Category of Work
NOTE: This QRG uses diagrams with specific callouts to show required and optional fields in forms. A yellow callout with a red border indicates a required field, while yellow callouts with a black border indicate optional fields. Letters within the callouts correspond to the explanations below the diagram. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field in the eMMA interface.
- Access eMMA at https://emma.maryland.gov and log in with your credentials.
NOTE: Depending on your agency, you may only need to click the State SSO Login (Secure Auth) button or the MDOT SSO Login (MSAzure) button and log in with your credentials.
- Click the Procurement tab at the top of the webpage and select the Create option from the drop-down menu that opens.
- Enter the appropriate information in the fields for the Header section. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field. Some fields will not be editable.
- Label (*): This field auto-populates to a Req. for today’s date. It is strongly recommended that you change this label to something that is unique.
- Organization(*): Click the field to open the drop-down menu and select the appropriate organization from the options. Once you click Save in Step 9, this field auto-populates associated bill-to and ship-to fields.
- Type (*): The default selection for this field is Purchase. Validate this field is correct, or change, if necessary.
- Delivery Date (*): This field auto-populates to today’s date. Validate the delivery date field is correct, or change, if necessary.
- Requester (*): This field auto-populates with your name. You can change the user in this field if you are requesting this PO on behalf of another user.
IMPORTANT: It is crucial to select the correct requester here. This person is usually the user who is receiving the goods/services. The correct approval path stems from this user.
- Click the Click or Drag to add a file button to upload the Fund Certificate from your device. The added file displays below this button. Click the X to the left of the document to remove it, if needed.
NOTE: You cannot upload documents over 307,200 KB in size.
- Attention To: This field is visible to the Vendor, so they know who to address the goods/services to (“Attention To”). Click this field and select an internal user, if necessary. Otherwise leave blank.
- Comments: Click this field to enter any necessary comments regarding this PO. Anything entered in this field is not visible to the Vendor.
- Click the Vendor field and select the correct Vendor for this PO. The Order Vendor field auto-populates.
PRO TIP: Have the Vendor’s SUP number handy. Sometimes, there are duplicate vendors in the system or even other mail codes. Entering the SUP number ensures that sure you have the right Vendor selected for your PO.
- Click the blue link to the right of the Order Vendor field. A popup window displays with the Vendor’s profile.
- Verify this is the correct Vendor and then click the Contacts tab on the left-hand side-panel.
- Verify that the correct Vendor contact is listed on this page and has an accurate email address listed. If that person is listed and the email is correct, close out of the Vendor profile and skip to Step 8. If that person is not on the list, you must add them following the sub-steps below.
- Click the + Create New Contact button above the list of contacts. A new popup displays.
- Enter the contact’s First Name, Last Name and Email address in the required fields. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field.
- Click the Save & Close button at the top of the Vendor Contact Management popup. The page refreshes and your contact is listed.
- Click the envelope icon to the left of the contact’s name. This invites the contact to log into eMMA. A new popup window displays.
NOTE: It is a best practice to let that user know to expect the email, and to check Spam and Junk folders if they do not see the notification in their Inbox.
- Make sure the Vendor Admin checkbox is selected and click the Send Notification button at the top of the popup.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the confirmation. The Contacts page refreshes and the contact is now added to the Vendor profile.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the Vendor profile to return to the Request for standalone purchase order.
- Click the + Create New Contact button above the list of contacts. A new popup displays.
- Click the Vendor contact field and select the appropriate Vendor contact from the drop-down menu that opens.
NOTE: The Address Code field populates based on the Vendor selection. Do not edit this field.
- Click the Save button at the top of the create page. The system generates the request for Purchase Order number in draft state (Draft).
- Click the Add. Information tab on the left-hand side-panel.
- Click the Procurement Method field and select the same method selected in the related contract from the drop-down menu that opens. This field is not mandatory, however it is required by OSP for reporting purposes.
- Click the Category of Work field and select the same method selected in the related contract, from the drop-down menu that opens. This field is not mandatory, however it is required by OSP for reporting purposes.
- Click the Save button at the top of the create page.
- Click the Request for PO tab on the left-hand side panel.
- Scroll to the bottom to Articles section, click on the Add Line button. A new popup window displays with fields. Some information auto-populates from the Header section.
- Enter relevant information in the fields provided. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field.
- Label: Enter an appropriate and unique label for the item.
- QTY Ordered (*): Add appropriate quantity to be ordered for the item.
- Ea. : Enter the Unit of measure in this field.
- Commodity (*): Click the field to open the drop-down menu and select the appropriate commodity for the item from the options.
- Products types (*): The default selection is Product. Click the field to open the drop-down menu and select the appropriate option, if necessary.
- Unit price: Enter the appropriate unit price for the item to be ordered.
- USD: Make sure this field has US Dollars or USD selected.
- % discount: Enter the discount amount for this item, if applicable.
- Verify that the selected address in the Ship to field is correct. Click this field to select a different address, if necessary.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click the arrow to the left of the More Item Information section. The section displays more fields. You may need to scroll down further to view them.
- Click the Linked Contract field and select the appropriate contract from the list. This ensures that the purchase order and invoices draw down funds appropriately from the correct contract. Once selected, the Linked Business Request and Linked Sourcing Project fields auto-populate based on the contract selection.
PRO TIP: You can enter the contract’s CTR number to find the exact contract needed.
NOTE: Click the See All option at the bottom of the drop-down menu to see a full list of contracts in your scope.
- Click the Save button at the top of the Item window.
NOTE: Do NOT click the Save & Close button. If you do click the Save & Close button, click the pencil icon to the left of the line item to get back into the Item window.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Item window and click the arrow to the left of the Budget Information section. New fields display. You may need to scroll down to view them.
- Review the Percentage field for accuracy. By default, the Percentage field auto-populates with 100%.
NOTE:If you need to split the percentage between this GL string and another, you will need to add a new GL string and divide the percentages appropriately to add up to 100%; Click the + Allocation button to add a new GL String if needed.
NOTE: You can also change this to Amount by selecting the Amount radio button above the GL fields.
- Enter the last two digits of the appropriation year in the Appropriation Year field and select that year from the drop-down menu that displays. The section refreshes and new fields display.
IMPORTANT! You must select the year from the drop-down menu. If you don’t do this, you will not be able to move forward.
PRO TIP: You can use the G/L Information on the uploaded Fund Certificate to use as a reference (see Step 3f).
- Click the PCA field and enter the appropriate PCA code. Select the PCA code from the drop-down menu that displays.
NOTE: If the agency has associated an Index to a PCA in R*Stars, the Index auto-populates. You can change this, if needed.
- Click the Comptroller Object field and enter the appropriate object code in this field. Select the correct code from the drop-down menu that displays.
NOTE: The Agency Object field auto-populates if the agency has an associated Agency Object to the Comptroller Object. You can change this, if needed.
- Click the Save & Close button at the top of the window.
- Click the green Submit Request for PO button to submit the request for PO.
The PO’s status will be changed from Draft to In Progress. The PO will be sent to the appropriate Requester Supervisor’s profile for approval to continue the workflow.