Once a Vendor is registered in the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA), they can bid on solicitations from the State. If they are awarded a solicitation, then the Vendor profile must be onboarded in eMMA to ensure payment. This Quick Reference Guide (QRG) shows Procurement Officers how to initiate the onboarding process for a Registered Vendor Profile in the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA), and send it to the Vendor for profile completion.
NOTE: For best results, use the Google Chrome browser to access eMMA.
NOTE: If you need help at any time, please reach out to the eMMA helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images with specific callouts are used to show required and optional fields in forms. A yellow callout with a red border indicates a required field. A yellow callouts with a black border indicate optional fields. Letters within the callouts correspond to the explanations below the diagram.
A red asterisk * indicates a required field.
- Access eMMA at https://emma.maryland.gov and log in with your credentials.
NOTE: Depending on your agency, you may only need to click the State SSO Login (Secure Auth) button or the MDOT SSO Login (MSAzure) button and log in with your credentials.
- Click the Vendors tab at the top of the webpage and select the Browse Vendors option from the drop-down menu that opens.
- Click Initiate Setup Process button at the top of the webpage.
- Click the Qualifications tab on the left-hand side-panel, then click the Add an Agency button below the Agency Relationships section.
- Click the blank field below the Agency column to open the drop-down menu and select an Agency.
NOTE: If you don’t see your agency listed, click the See All option at the bottom of the menu. A new window opens that displays the full list of agencies. Scroll down or use the keyword field to search for your Agency.
NOTE: See All opens a window that lets you browse for state agencies in eMMA. Click the plus icons to the left of the organization to see agencies within that organization.
- Click the blank field under Pending Status and click Approved option from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Click the Save button at the top of the webpage. A pop up window displays asking you to confirm your selection. Click the OK button.
- (Optional) If for any reason the preparation process is unsuccessful or you cannot successfully complete additional activities associated with the contract (e.g., debarred vendor list check, Comptroller Certificate of Standing, or DAT tax clearance), you may decline to proceed further in the process by clicking the Reject Vendor button which returns the Vendor profile to a “Registered” status.
- Click the Initiate Onboarding button.
You have now started the Onboarding process for a registered Vendor in eMMA. The profile returns to the Vendor for completion.