Once a purchase order is created and sent to the Vendor, a receipt can be created by the Vendor, or by an authorized state-side user. When a Vendor creates a receipt in the eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA), it’s called an Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN). This Quick Reference Guide (QRG) shows a user with the Vendor Admin role how to submit Advanced Shipping Notices in eMMA.
PROTIP: It is a best practice to create your ASN before you create your Invoice in eMMA. If an ASN already exists for this invoice, you do not need to create one. To search for an ASN, click the Orders tab at the top of the screen and select the Manage Deliveries option from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: For best results, use the Google Chrome browser to access eMMA.
If you need help at any time, please reach out to the eMMA helpdesk at email@example.com.
You will need:
- a Purchase Order (PO) requiring an ASN.
Submitting an Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN)
NOTE: This QRG uses diagrams with specific callouts to show required and optional fields in forms. A yellow callout with a red border indicates a required field, while yellow callouts with a black border indicate optional fields. Letters within the callouts correspond to the explanations below the diagram. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field in the eMMA interface.
- Navigate to eMMA at https://emma.maryland.gov and log in with your credentials.
- Click the Orders tab at the top of the webpage to open and select the Acknowledge Orders option from the drop-down menu that opens.
- Use the Keywords field and Search button to find the desired purchase order.
PRO TIP: When searching for your PO, don’t enter the “PO” prefix or the zeros before the number. For example, if your PO is PO000022, you’d enter “22” in the Keywords field and click the Search button.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon to the left of the Purchase Order ID, or click on the Purchase Order ID link to access the purchase order.
- Click on Create an advanced shipping notice button.
- Enter relevant information in the fields. A red asterisk (*) indicates a required field. Some fields will not be editable.
- Label: This field auto-populates to “Delivery of (today’s date)”. It is strongly recommended that you give a receipt a unique label that you can distinguish from others if there will be more receipts.
- Delivery Ref.: Enter the Delivery Reference number in this field, if applicable.
- Delivery date: This field auto-populates with today’s date. You can change this date if necessary. Click this field and select a date for delivery.
- Comments: Enter comments in this field if special instructions are needed.
- Below Comments, click the Click or Drag to add a file button to choose a file from your device or drag and drop the file on this spot to add it. The added file displays below this button. Click the X to the left of the document to remove it, if necessary.
NOTE: You cannot upload documents over 307,200 KB in size.
NOTE: You cannot directly edit documents in eMMA, but you can upload new versions.
- Click the Save button at the top of the webpage.
- Scroll down to the Received section and line item at the bottom of the window. Make sure that the amount shown at the bottom left is the same amount that you will be invoicing for.
For example: If your invoice is for $225 and the number here on the receipt should read $225. If it is not, click the pencil icon to the left of the line item to adjust as needed and click the Save & Close button.
Click the Save button at the top of the webpage.
- Review Advanced Shipping Notice for accuracy and click the Submit button at the top of the webpage.
Your ASN is created and submitted to an authorized State-side user.