The State’s new eProcurement tool, eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (“eMMA”), improves how Maryland does business. eMMA provides state departments and agencies with modern technology to support procurement and payment processes. It will deliver efficiency and transparency, reduce costs, reduce fraud, and leverage data analytics to improve reporting needs.
If your department or agency performs any procurement and financial tasks related to state vendors, specifically adding vendors, or maintaining vendors through the GAD 710 or X10 processes, eMMA’s next deployment, Release 1.2, will impact your operations.
Release 1.2 will provide the following functionalities:
- PO and Non-PO Vendor Setup & Registration
- PO Vendor Set up - Allows vetting and setup of vendors with which the State wishes to award a contract
- Non-PO Vendor Setup - Allows setup of vendors who have not received a purchase order but still require payment based on an invoice
- Vendor Maintenance Process
- Vendor Initiated Change Request – Allows vendors to self-serve and initiate change requests for vendor information including, for example, banking information for setup/maintenance in the ACH program
- State Initiated Change Requests – Allows State users to initiate change requests to maintain vendor records
eMMA’s new functionality will improve how you perform procurement and financial tasks, and we are excited to share the features with you. Additional communications, including opportunities for training, will be sent soon to keep you informed of Release 1.2 and how it may impact you.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the eMMA Project team at DGS.eMMAProjectTeam@maryland.gov and we will be happy to answer your questions.
The eMMA Project Team